Sunday, June 24, 2012

Hope

This is a dress I whipped up a couple of weeks ago for a baby whose gender wasn't going to be known until birth.   I figured I would make two different outfits just in case, one for a girl and one for a boy... and she ended up being a sweet little girl. 

A lot of times when I read blogs, I always wonder "Why don't people iron things before they take photos?!?!"   I was in a bit of a rush to get this in the mail and needed to be at the post office already when I realized I didn't have any photos taken yet.  
Here's a close-up of the hand crocheted trim I made for this dress.   Very simple, but really adds something extra special to the look of the dress.   I love the real mother of pearl buttons with the dark purple thread!   The buttons came from a bag of buttons my sister sent me that I believe she got at a garage sale.

I got this lovely eggplant purple polka dot fabric on sale at Fabricland when we were in Winnipeg at the beginning of May.   I ended up buying this shade, a lighter purple, and a pale grey.   As soon as I got home I wished I had purchased a few other colours as well!   It's a lovely lightweight cotton, great for baby clothes and all sorts of other projects.

I really love the way this dress turned out, I think it's one of my most favourite.   What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. This looks nice; I like the crocheted trim I thought the fabric was navy.

    Doesn't anyone else read your blog?

    Jillian

    ReplyDelete