Saturday, June 23, 2012

Field of Blossoms

 Another Abbey Dress with a Wal-Mart fat quarter.   I love this fabric; If it came in larger pieces I would buy enough to make myself a shirt!   I taught myself to crochet using YouTube videos earlier this year, and for this dress I crocheted a lovely cotton lace to trim the bottom edge.   

 A close-up of the back detail.   Regular old elastic, and a button from my inherited stash from my Gramma.

Here's a close-up of the interior.   I used a white lining fabric, some of it is trimmed in bias tape and the two sides of the skirt have princess seams.   The label was made with satin ribbon, rubber stamps, and a fabric marker for inking.  

The original designer states this should fit a newborn as a dress and up to a year old as a shirt.   I don't have any babies around to test it out, but I think it should be pretty versatile.

No comments:

Post a Comment