Friday, November 18, 2011

How to Make A Quilt

I was going through some old craft files on my computer tonight when I found a few funny old things that I had forgotten about from years ago. Since yesterday I shared some of my baby quilt making escapades, I thought I'd include this easy step-by-step manual that I created in summer 2005 for a friend who wanted to learn how to quilt. I created a killer quilting soundtrack to go along with it (unfortunately I don't have a copy of the playlist, although I am quite positive it was AWESOME). The instructions were a booklet that conveniently fit inside a CD jewel case (Remember those? When was the last time you burnt a CD?).

So, if you've always wanted to quilt but never knew how, this handy and informative step-by-step guide hopefully shall inspire you! Really it's a good guide on how to tie a quilt, which is a great beginner quilt. Note that you can click on any of these scans to BIGGIE SIZE them and get a closer look!

Clever patchwork letters, hey?

I quite like that lovely little tomato pincushion I've drawn there! Although, I've never actually owned one of those tomatoes, I do have a neato Chinese pincushion... but usually I keep my pins in a magnetized bowl. And #8 on that list, very essential to have snacks!


That note at the end of Step 2 cracked me up!




Have you ever made a quilt? If not, have you ever wanted to? What's stopping you? What items do you consider essentials when crafting?

Oh... and SPECIAL BONUS! Here is a stellar photo of me showing my friend Amanda how to yarn-tie a quilt. She had this rad Strawberry Shortcake flannel that she wanted to make into a blanket. I think this was that same summer... so 2005.



1 comment:

  1. I can't believe there are 0 comments. This is such a great post. Perhaps this is the one that won't let me post a comment. I imagine you are rather busy these days for blogging :) Hope you are enjoying your work.

    ReplyDelete